Ethnobotanical knowledge of threatened plant species
The species recorded occur in very low densities with low numbers of immatures, and are threatened due to habitat loss and hunting. Recommendations were made to upgrade the status of many reserved forests, to make improvements to the country's wildlife laws, to increase the number of protected areas in the region, for public education and community participation programs, and political action... Endangered Species of Plants and Animals of India Red Data Book: Red Data Book or IUCN Red List of Threatened species is a comprehensive list of the threatened species on the planet. It was first published in 1964.
Conservation of Threatened Primates of Northeast India
Among the classification of threatened species, the category Critically Endangered corresponds to the greatest risk. In India, there are 70+ critically endangered animals and 60+ critically endangered plants. 300+ animals fall under the category of endangered while 140+ plants fall …... Out of the 139 threatened taxa 26 are possibly (locally) extinct, 13 are Critically Endangered, 43 are Endangered, 07 are Vulnerable, 24 are Near Threatened and 26 fall under Data Deficient category accordng to mCN. The possible reasons for the gradual decrease in the frequency ofdistribution ofsome plant species, are suggested. Key words: Endemic Plants, Threatened Plants, Punjab, Chandigarh
Swertia chirayta a Threatened High-Value Medicinal Herb
species found in India have been given legal protection under the Wildlife (Protection) Act of 1972. The latest edition of the IUCN Red list of threatened animals (2008) overcoming gravity 2 pdf workout contains 7 freshwater fish species endemic to India of which three species are threatened. Considering all the threatened and endemic freshwater fishes of this state, some conservation measures have been suggested for their protection and conservation in this paper.
Viverricula indica GISD
In India this species is found only at two locations in the Himalaya. It was first collected from Lachen and Yumthang It was first collected from Lachen and Yumthang in northern Sikkim (1896) and in due time it has become remarkably rare. drawbacks of indian education system pdf India is home to a wide variety of unique animal, bird, and fish species. According to a report published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the country boasts of 6.5% of the world’s wildlife species.
How long can it take?
Endangered Animals in IndiaMost Endangered Animals
- Special Habitats and Threatened Plants of India
- Threatened species Wikipedia
- PDF 1997 Iucn Red List Of Threatened Plants Free Download
- Green sawfish dpi.nsw.gov.au
Threatened Species In India Pdf
India’s biodiversity comprises of 11 per cent of plant species, 7.6 per cent of mammals, 12.6 per cent avian species, 6.2 per cent reptiles, 4.4 per cent amphibian and 11.7 per cent of the fish species …
- India has 6.5% of the world’s total wildlife species according to a report which was published by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) that includes 7.6% of all mammals and 12.6%
- DOWNLOAD BIODIVERSITY ENDANGERED INDIA S THREATENED WILDLIFE AND MEDICINAL PLANTS biodiversity endangered india s pdf Biodiversity is not evenly distributed, rather it varies greatly across the globe as well as within regions.
- In India this species is found only at two locations in the Himalaya. It was first collected from Lachen and Yumthang It was first collected from Lachen and Yumthang in northern Sikkim (1896) and in due time it has become remarkably rare.
- The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species (also known as the IUCN Red List or Red Data List), founded in 1965, has evolved to become the world's most comprehensive inventory of the global conservation status of biological species.